One of the World's Top Cyber Security Companies

Topic: How do I audit SACLs to report what audit settings are enabled in Active Directory?

Post Info
Date:
How do I audit SACLs to report what audit settings are enabled in Active Directory?

Hello,

I would like to know how I can audit SACLs to report what audit settings are enabled in Active Directory?

In order to demosntrate regulatory compliance, we are required to verify and document what audit settings are enabled on all vital Active Directory objects such as the Configuration partition root, the Schema partition root, the Domain Partition root, the System container, the Domain Admins group and other such objects.

I know how to view the ACLs of these objects, but I would like to know how I can view the SACLs of these objects in our AD as well. If someone could kindly assist in this regard, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vic

Hello Vic,

Thank you for your question. You can easily audit SACLs in your Active Directory to report what audit settings are enabled in Active Directory, as follows -

Gold_Finger_Audit_SACLs.png

1. Launch Gold Finger

2. Select the ACL Exporter capability

3. Select the report - Export SACLs of all objects in an Active Directory Tree

4. In the scope field, enter the distinguished name of your OU/domain/container

5. Click the Gold Finger button.

When you do so, Gold Finger will automatically analyze and export all the audit settings on all the objects in the specified scope to a CSV file. To view the CSV file, simply click the CSV button.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

John Carver 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me